We can't believe it...it's Evening Under the Oaks time.
The weather may be out of whack, but we're dreaming of pastels and spring nights. Your Steering Team is back together, tickets have been released, and the tents are on reserve for our third Evening Under the Oaks.
This year, we've kept some classics the same:
- Yes, we'll have a signature cocktail (thanks, Tito's Vodka, for being animal lovers and all-around gems).
- Yes, we'll be wearing spring formal attire and have live entertainment from a very, very well-known and loved Hartsville icon.
- Yes, $40 will still get you unlimited oysters and crab legs, hors d'oeuvres, wine, beer, sunshine and fun for 3 hours.
- Yes, it's all for the cats and dogs of the Darlington County Humane Society.
But third time's the charm, so we had to make a few upgrades. Here's what you can expect to be enhanced in your 2018 EUTO experience:
- The VIP Experience: we are now offering a VIP experience from 4-5pm, complete with a "Welcome" Prosecco toast, early access to food and drink, and a dedicated area under the shaded blossoms to relax before the main event.
- The Live Auction: both silent and live auctions can still be expected, but we are streamlining the live auction to items that really, really pack a punch. Expect no more than 10-12 high ticket items (think week-long vacations, experiences...) and a silent auction full of local treats.
And last but not least, third time's the charm because this year, all the money raised is going to something truly special: a capital campaign for a new shelter. As you may have heard, a generous donor started the DCHS' fund with a $250,000 donation, getting us half-way to our goal for a state-of-the-art, temperature-controlled, safe and secure shelter for our four-legged friends. It's up to us to help fund the rest, and boy are we on it. Every dollar raised this year at EUTO will go straight towards making those blueprints a 3D reality, and we can't thank you enough in advance for the generosity we know you'll show at our event, because you will make something very concrete happen.
So start dreaming of spring cocktails (and forget the temperamental weather)--we'll see you on April 21st!
For the love of fur and whiskers,
Your EUTO Steering Team